Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Value of a Scale

So, you want to start losing weight. Some people will tell you to weigh everyday, some will tell you to weigh once a week, and I'm sure some would say don't weigh at all. My wife picked up a scale at Costco today, and as I stood on it, the numbers were exactly what I thought they'd be, so what is the value of that scale? If I stay at 296.6 pounds, which I'll use as my official starting point, then that scale was a waste of 20 dollars, but if I see those numbers start to shrink, even just a little bit, than that 20 bucks bought hope and inspiration, commodities that money can't usually procure. I'm going to start my relationship with the scale by weighing everyday, and then posting that here in the blog much like I did today.

No comments: