Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mid Life Crisis

I turned 40 in 2007, and although I am very happy with my life, my family and my occupation, there is at least one thing that I want to change. I currently weigh 300 pounds, and according to many experts, I should be about 200 pounds (actually less, but 200 would be great). So I'm going to lose one third of myself. This blog will be my diary, my accountability, and hopefully my coach. I realize that another blog about a fat man losing weight will probably go unread for years, but maybe, just maybe, someone out there will check this out, get to know me, and cheer me on. Maybe in the future this blog can be a hub for people who are seriously overweight to connect, to share tips, to bare their weaknesses, and to lose themselves. And if all of that fails to happen, this blog can still be a record for myself, a way of looking back and realizing that incremental changes add up over time to big changes. Anyway, here's hoping for the best.

No comments: